Saturday, March 25, 2006

musical musings

within most every second of the day my body and mind are bombarded by thousands of sensations and stimulation of the good and bad. it has recently hit me that that same phenomenom applies to my heart- my soul.

its not that I wish to spend hours musing on the complexities of all this, or the immense simplicity- just needed to say it out loud. sometimes you have to do that.

your mind knows that you grow up, and your reflection tells the same story, but its hard to convince your heart that it has moved on, when everything that it is encountering has held residency some 6 years earlier.

and i am also baffled by the unproportionate years of life that we spend here. Simply put, we spend about 1/8 of our lives as children and the remaining 7/8 as adults. Who came up with that? Explain it.

And what does one do when they are daily tormented by the wanderlust to get up and get out and the utter longing to finally feel at home?

No comments: