Tuesday, March 15, 2005

super sunny day

...well at least in comparison to the past week of cold misery. And I can't enjoy it. I can't enjoy the sun, because I have to sit in dark classrooms in basements, or without windows for hours. And then I have to sit in my room ( you remember, the one with the beautiful view of the dumpster) and stare at this screen for hours, and then when I want to get a decent burrito, I can't do that without plunging into the daylight free basement of towers. That's sad. There is nothing philosophical about it, or intriguing, and its not a comment on society, I just think its sad.

I also think that its sad when you spend so much time doing things for the next day and the next day, that you totally loose out on the chance to do something for this day. When the present day turns into nothing but an opportunity to accomplish something more for the next day.

And socks with holes in them. They are sad too. A perfectly good sock, probably with a kickin' pattern, totally shot, cause of one lil hole. The rest of the fabric is fine, but that one little gap where your random toe juts out manages to ruin the whole thing.

these colors...they are the little random tears, or holes that have punched themselves through the canvas. The part in the corner where someone's coat got stuck and ripped at the edge. They are not colors, but rather, the unplanned, unwelcomed, absense of color.

No comments: